7.09.2009

Me on DRAWN!

Aww. Thanks Drawn! for the lil' snippet about my poster work!
I love this blog, it's one of those daily doses of illustration world vitamin C, so, I'm super stoked.

me on drawn!





Also, I saw this music video a while ago but I just watched it again and remembered how much I loved it ( the combination of the music and the art: Blur and David Shrigley - this beautiful song with this slightly disgusting but deeply sentimental art,movements,animation). It always makes me cry just a tiny tiny bit but along waves of love.

2 comments:

adam taylor said...

Christine, I just found you off the Hai (hire an illustrator) your work looks great. It is a lot of fun. I was wondering, how has your experience been working with them?

Ohara Hale said...

Thanks Adam!

I like Hai, although I haven't generated that much work from it, only because I think the navigation is a little hard ( I've been contacted by just a couple people from there, one was an animation studio, the other was a small business looking for an illustrator). But there are lots of perks to it too:
You can pay weekly without any contracts, so if you don't like it, you can just cancel any time.
I like that they send out mailers (you send your stuff to them) and email blasts with news from all the illustrators on there and usually if you update them, they will include your work. It's a nice, simple way to just let the illustration world know you are busy and doing good work! :)

Overall, I think, if anything, it's just a good place to show your work and to be a part of just because there are a lot of great illustrators on there as well---kind of an illustration club/community--but, I'm not sure how other people feel about it. I'd say try it out for a month or so and see how you feel. :) I don't mind supporting the site either, just because it's another love for illustration kind of sites. :)

All ze Best!!! Also: your paper cut outs are cool! :)

Love, C