7.11.2009

THE SPIRES COMIC

THE SPIRES album review
For the LA Record! This one I had to do in a mad mad rush ( like 15 minutes mad mad rush) so it is just as it ebbed out onto the paper. Usually I make one or two mock ups and work on the different images to illustrate, although I don't like to spend too much time on these because I like the very simple, candid, stark look of these. My favorite drawings are always the first ones, the lucid sketches always shine with more truth. Sometimes I'm torn between a really rough first version and a very nice final version. I think both hold the same amount of worth. Just like a song: the initial recording has a rough but sincere edge to it and the final produced version has a polished sheen, but, the labor of love woven into it.
Love!C

No comments: