9.26.2008

LET'S INDEPENDENT! 10.21.08 POSTER

Let's Independent 10.21.08
Let's Independent 10.21.08 (final)

Going super minimal with this months poster! I've been making the posters for every Radio Free Silverlake Let's Independent show for over a year now. It's so great to be able to make something for all the different local LA bands, and exciting to see the change of style and experimentation over a year! I went through a big dog painting phase, and last month's was a really colorful vector image. This month is Jackie-O and JFK as dogs holding their dog baby in another dog dimension/time/space. I have to say, white background is always my first choice for everything-but, I've been playing around with black lately-and for posters, I'll try to make them more colorful and interesting for fun. But, I do think that with the right colors and arrangement, you can catch more people's attention with a white background. I think the white just kind of blanks out the surroundings, like life was 2D and we just cut out a square or just erased everything in that space in front of us, and gave the art a brand new spot of space in the universe to sit on. As if in that white space life started all over again.

No comments: