8.19.2008

L'EPHANT JARDIN

Ahh! Yay! I made some major progress today with my website.
Well, I just put this splash page up, but I've been meaning to make it for years and years! Today I got a lot of compliments on my "2D3D" style. I've been doing it for a while and I love it so much. It's like my dioramas but, all 2D. I love the idea of allowing people better access to another world, to look at a picture and feel like they are there. I did this for David Labruyere's album: Farrago Dance Mix ( you can find it and me in Wikipedia too!) and for some other things, but, oh it would look so nice as a book, an animation, and I have whole landscapes planned out for possible gallery stuff as well! I can't wait to create more and more intricate worlds that people feel like they are peering into! Here is today's "2D3D" and some older work that fall into the same category. Enjoy! Love, Christine
P.S. So art usually reflects the artist and this is what I think it is saying: I am fat and happy elephant eating ice cream. Hahaha. Well, I have been eating a lot of sweets lately and feeling a lil' rotund. ;)
L'elphant Jardin


Hummingbirds Purple
Hands Up Yeah Yeah The above "Hands up Yeah Yeah" was published in the first Penny-Ante book ( where I had an interview and tons of art in it right in between Devendra Banhart and Daedelus. T'was neat. :)
SnowballbirdTheWispsOfWheatWhipporwhills
This was the inspiration for David's album: Whisp of the Wheat Whipporwhills
Farrago Dance MIx
YellowBirds

No comments: