8.20.2009

THE HOOF and THE HEEL EP ART/DESIGN!

The Hoof & The Heel EP Jacket Design


TOUR POSTERS BELOW!
delusionsFLYERsanfranisgoodmusic POSTER!The Hoof and The Heel at PIANOS NYC POSTERJemina Pearl, Two Tears, The Hoof and the Heel POSTER!
THATHtusconoct14WEB

After an intensive two months of being in the studio, writing, recording, rehearsing, music, music, music - the EP is complete!

All the elements and imagery in the design are signifigant to the band. The EP is titled "and all the tigers" from the very last song we wrote and recorded so that is why, in the end, the design has tigers in it. The tigers all have something about them ( a hoof, a heel, a tattoo from a joke we have, a watch from Harris' childhood). The diamonds in the sky are made from Harris' shirt ( I liked it so much I scanned in the fabric and added it to the design). The sumi-e ink clouds were painted for another album that was never used but I loved them so much that I used them on this one. The lines, zigzags, and dots are images from a diagram about telegraph machines and transistor radios out of an old science book (1950's?) my friend gave me this summer; Farid is studying electrical engineering and I love morse code- I use it often in my poster work with secret messages!



Love! Christine

No comments: