12.04.2008

LA RECORD COMICS

LARECORD Jens Lekman COMIC
MAGICLANTERN
WOLF PARADE live reivew COMIC
AHKRAKEN
PATTISMITH comic color
LANGHORN SLIM live review comic
thewidowbabiesweb
WHOLPHIN
I've been doing 2 comics per issue in the LA RECORD since they've expanded their publication this year PLUS editorials of bands. Here is jut a lil sampling of my favorites so far. I take a review of an album or a show and put it into illustrated form and while I do it, I'm usually listening to the bands music too. There are a lot more like PRINCE and ELVIS COSTELLO but I like the way these look the best and a lot of the comic has to do with what the reviewer wrote. Usually the most colorful reviews get the best comics because I can create images instead of just using descriptive words.

I LOVE it! !!Art for music!!! Yahhhh!!! So fun! :)

Love! Christine

No comments: