6.30.2011

BLOOMFEST LA POSTER

BLOOMFEST LA 2011 POSTER

Poster for the upcoming Bloomfest LA Downtown Arts District Art+Music Festival! It's funny, I just made a streetview poster for the Abbot Kinney Festival in Venice, where I used to live, and when I first moved to L.A. I spent most of my time in this downtown L.A. hood as well! I love that even though I live in the east coast, the west is still a part of me ( a lot of my work still comes from the west coast, actually!). I'm working on the posters/imaging for another folk festival in L.A. right now as well, this time taking place in the Santa Monica mountains, where I spent every morning and every evening driving through to get to a company I was designing/illustrating for. The drive was a bit longer ( sometimes 2-3 hours, each way ), but, instead of having to drive up and down the congested 405 traffic jam, I drove along the beach and through the mountains with my windows down. Needless to say, that job only lasted a year before I couldn't take the drive/work/stress, but I'm glad it happened.

No comments: